Monthly Archives: February 2022
- The initial wave of sanctions targeted Russian banks and the financial industry plus individual “inner circle” elites, with more sanctions likely to follow in the coming weeks as events unfold.
- Broad restrictions on debt and equity transactions with certain entities in the Russian financial, energy, and infrastructure sectors.
- Expanded export controls, including foreign-direct product rule restrictions, new license requirements, and Entity List designations impact a wide range of exports to Russia.…
- The U.S., EU, and UK are coordinating a significant sanctions and export controls package to be implemented if Russia takes further action in Ukraine.
- Restrictions are likely to target key Russian industries including finance, energy, and defense and would be far more severe and far-reaching than past sanctions.
- New export controls could include restrictions on foreign-produced items made using U.S.-origin technology or software,…